Learn the latest proven techniques to double your reading speed in one hour. Information explosion is all around us. You are reading this page with the reading skills learnt in the primary school. It is time to upgrade. This class has been presented live with outstanding results. Read Faster – Remember More – Retain Longer
Advantages of Speed Reading
Many people read at an average rate of 250 words per minute. This means that an average page in a book or document would take you 1-2 minutes to read.However, imagine if you could double your rate to 500 words per minute. You could zip through all of this content in half the time. You could then spend the time saved on other tasks, or take a few extra minutes to relax and de-stress.Another important advantage of speed reading is that you can better comprehend the overall structure of an argument. This leads to a "bigger picture" understanding, which can greatly benefit your work and career.
Increasing reading speed is a process of controlling fine motor movement - period.
Here is a detailed breakdown :
- Improved Memory. The brain is like a muscle. If we train our brains, it will grow stronger and it will be able to perform better. Speed Reading challenges our brains to perform at a higher level. When you train your brain to be able to take in information faster, other areas of your brain will also improve such as your memory. Memory, when you read, acts like a stabilizer muscle that gets worked when you Speed Read.
- Better Focus. Most people have the ability to read at least 200 wpm (words per minute), which is the average reading speed. But some people can also read up to 300 wpm. Why is there such a gap? There are two primary reasons. Number one, the traditional reading style we are taught is not very efficient. The second reason is lack of focus. If we are not focused on what we are reading, our mind will wander and it will become occupied with other thoughts. Speed Reading helps build focus.
- Higher levels Of Self-Confidence. I believe this is the result of knowing that you can learn just about any aspect of life faster once you have the ability to read faster and comprehend more. When you improve your ability to read and learn faster, you will find that more and more doors open up for you and you start to get more options in life. This is because every book or article, whether it is fiction or nonfiction, helps us to shift our awareness and we begin to see more depth in our lives. This new found depth, boosts our self-confidence.
- Improved Logic. Reading is an exercise for your brain. When you train your brain to read faster, something amazing happens. Your brain becomes more efficient at sorting information and finding correlations to other bits of information previously stored. The more you improve your reading speed, the faster this process happens and you will automatically notice improvements with logic as you get used to respond quick to what before would have taken longer to process.
- Emotional Well-being. Reading is very relaxing in general. It can help reduce stress because it gets your mind off worries and other thoughts that are not healthy nor beneficial. When you read faster, you will be even more absorbed into the material. This causes you to focus predominantly on the information you are reading. This is also known as active-meditation. Active-meditation is a meditative state achieved by doing an activity. This state can release tension and increase emotional well-being.
Speed Reading to me is not just about reading faster. You can think of it as an exercise. As with your muscles, if you exercise them regularly, you will get stronger. If you exercise your brain, it will get stronger as well.
I’ve included a video with a Speed Reading drill that will not only help you increase your reading speed, comprehension and retention, but hopefully will also help you enjoy the same benefits I now enjoy.
Formats Available :